So, my internet just went out as I went to make a post. Thus, I'm a little cranky and don't feel like writing all of that again. So, here goes:
We went to Windsor Castle this morning which was about a 30 minute train ride outside of the city. We toured the State Apartments, St. George's Church and the grounds of Windsor Castle. The castle is still used by the Royal Family and is one of the largest in Great Britain. The Queen still spends many summer weekends at the castle. We also got to see an amazing doll house given to the queen and her sister as children. It was huge! It contained real jewels, electricity and working plumbing. Since it was again a beautiful day we had no problems walking the grounds and taking it all in. We saw another changing of the guards ceremony which Dad really enjoyed. The town of Windsor is so cute and is filled with vibrant shops and cute pubs along cobble stone streets. I really enjoyed our time there.
We went to The Lion King tonight and I was blown away! We had seen it before but Laurann and I were so young we didn't remember much at all. Lud remembers being scared to death and jumping into Kim's lap because of the birds that made their way down the aisles! Luckily, she was able to sit still tonight :) I absolutely adored the show and was so impressed by the dancing and costumes. I'm so glad we decided to see it - so great!
We went to Windsor Castle this morning which was about a 30 minute train ride outside of the city. We toured the State Apartments, St. George's Church and the grounds of Windsor Castle. The castle is still used by the Royal Family and is one of the largest in Great Britain. The Queen still spends many summer weekends at the castle. We also got to see an amazing doll house given to the queen and her sister as children. It was huge! It contained real jewels, electricity and working plumbing. Since it was again a beautiful day we had no problems walking the grounds and taking it all in. We saw another changing of the guards ceremony which Dad really enjoyed. The town of Windsor is so cute and is filled with vibrant shops and cute pubs along cobble stone streets. I really enjoyed our time there.
We went to The Lion King tonight and I was blown away! We had seen it before but Laurann and I were so young we didn't remember much at all. Lud remembers being scared to death and jumping into Kim's lap because of the birds that made their way down the aisles! Luckily, she was able to sit still tonight :) I absolutely adored the show and was so impressed by the dancing and costumes. I'm so glad we decided to see it - so great!
I hate when that happens! Don't worry, the shortened version was good too :)
ReplyDeleteI remember being more scared than Laurann. When the animals came in the aisle it was creepy. But it was a great play. Glad to see the sun shining there. What is the temp? My computer just went down after I wrote my comment, so I know how you feel- urrr! Have a Happy St. Patrick's Day.
ReplyDelete