Wednesday, March 10, 2010

English Breakfast? Check. Les Miserables? Check.

Today was filled with checking off items on my list of "Things To Do Before I Leave London". I got up early before class today, I know, I know...big deal. Hannah, Calleigh and I tried a traditional English Breakfast this morning. We were told we MUST do so but that it wasn't very enjoyable. I quite liked it - and I know Dad will too! Piled on top of beans was two pieces of toast, an egg, bacon, sausage and tomatoes. I couldn't stand everything touching each other and the toast was soggy from the weird beans, but overall a good experience. There is a tiny cafe that does the breakfast for just 4 pounds 50 pence which is a steal. Check.

In Senior Sem, I gave my presentation and it went really well. Not a lot of people knew of Sir Richard Branson and his empire. Of course they new the Virgin label but didn't know the background which is actually interesting so they were engaged. I was able to answer all of the questions that were asked at the end of my speech which is the scariest part of giving a presentation! After 10 presentations we discussed Facebook pros/cons and social networking. We weren't quite sure how that tied to multiculturalism in England (topic of the course) but we didn't mind! Our whole class had lunch together at Nando's - a Portuguese, chicken restaurant in our neighborhood. We walk by it everyday to class and I've always wanted to try it. It was good but not spectacular. I'm glad I got to experience it on someone else's wallet ;)

Hannah and I went to Russell Square to visit Calleigh at her internship. On Wednesdays, she works at Corum Cafe busing tables and doing dishes. It was a cute little place and it was fun to see where so goes every week. The afternoon was spent booking plane tickets to Rome - Hannah, Laura and I are spending 4 days there after our program ends before we head back to the states. I am pumped! This was the absolute one place I had to get to. We are looking into seeing the Pope as well, an experience of a lifetime. I can't wait. It's crazy to think that all of my trips from here on out are planned and the end is kind of in sight. I hate thinking about it. As much as I love and miss all of my family and blog readers :) it's strange to think of leaving London/Europe. We'll see how I feel when the time actually comes - that's just how I'm feeling now.

For 27 pounds Calleigh and I spent the evening at The Queen's Theatre. I wasn't very excited or anxious to see Les Miserables during my time in London, but I couldn't resist all of the hype. So many people who had seen it recommended it highly. Plus, it's hard for me to turn down a musical - as you know, I love them! We were in row J which was awesome for student standby tickets. What a show! Brilliant set, brilliant story and brilliant singing/music. I was impressed. The story was deep compared to other shows I've seen but I enjoyed that contrast. Like almost every other show I've seen I suggest seeing it if you ever get a chance. It is one of the longest running musicals and really worth seeing.

Calleigh and I met some of the others at the Imperial Student Union Bar where we have an ID to get in free. We had one drink with them and made our way back to the flat. Today was a wonderful, filled day. I love days like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment