After a day of sight-seeing and spending time with my family, I've concluded that London doesn't laugh enough. Being with Mom, Dad and Laurann is a riot and I realize now I much I've missed them. We started our morning at Buckingham Palace for the Changing of the Guards - what a mess! We were right on time for the change but the grounds were packed full of crazy, photo taking tourists. Whoa...we are just not like that. We all got the giggles when we were packed in just to watch a band. Mom was giving looks and Dad was nudging people - at one point Mom says, "I don't even go to Lumberjack Days to watch a band!" hahaha it was so true and utterly hilarious! We were able to get a front row spot away from the masses - ha! We got to see most of the ceremony which was perfect. We walked around Leicester Square, bought tickets for The Lion King for Tuesday and made our way down Whitehall towards Big Ben. We visited the Cabinet War Rooms and Churchill Museum which is enjoyable. I absolutely love seeing London through new eyes. It's funny how much I've noticed from their observations. It makes me wonder how much I don't see. I don't, however, appreciate how nervous they get when I cross the road. They forget that I've been doing this for months - ha!
We had dinner at a small restaurant near our flats. Located on Old Brompton Road, Bumpkin is a cute, little place with some home-cooked, classic British cuisine. Dad asked our waiter if he could take the menu home. (He's collecting them for a guy he knows who owns a bar and puts them on his wall) The waiter looked puzzled and joked around with us. He of course let him have it but not without some laughs - he asked Dad if he wanted the cup, water pitcher and his bowl of chips throughout the meal. So funny! Mom, of course, ordered Cow Pie (NO JOKE) for dinner. It was a puffed pastry in a bowl. I ordered something similar but was called Charter Pie (no way in h*** would I order something called Cow Pie...ever.) Anyway, Dad asked our waiter how she was supposed to eat it and he proceeded to cut into the pastry and scoop out the contents onto her plate...it was hilarious and entertaining! What a wonderful meal with wonderful people. We all missed Nickie though - we wish we could all be here together.
Kristin, we all thought of you tonight as we reminisced about our day. She always says that no matter what, our conversation turns to bodily functions...ugh. Well today that happened way too often...ha! Between Mom and Dad, I just can't take it. (but secretly I love it) haha Here goes the list...it's just too funny not to share.
1. Walking down the Royal Mall after the Changing of the Guards we passed some horse droppings on the road and Dad says, "Even the horses poop in line"! I about died - but he was right - it was crazy how straight the line was! Oh boy...I'm sure we got some good looks for that one!
2. A client of Mom's recommend Ken Lo's China Restaurant. We want to make a visit but thought we would need reservations. So, we looked online and sure enough we did. As I was reading reviews for the place though I read, "Chef Kam Poo But is like none other"...his name is Poo But!!! I cried I was laughing so hard. I felt like Nickie - silly and giggly at the use of such language. What the heck? Why wouldnt he change his name?!?
3. As you know, Mom ordered COW PIE! I mean, c'mon!!!!! Of course she would...later she wondered if she could get a Horse Apple for dessert...oh, Mom.
I love them dearly and count my blessings everyday for having them. I am truly blessed.
We had dinner at a small restaurant near our flats. Located on Old Brompton Road, Bumpkin is a cute, little place with some home-cooked, classic British cuisine. Dad asked our waiter if he could take the menu home. (He's collecting them for a guy he knows who owns a bar and puts them on his wall) The waiter looked puzzled and joked around with us. He of course let him have it but not without some laughs - he asked Dad if he wanted the cup, water pitcher and his bowl of chips throughout the meal. So funny! Mom, of course, ordered Cow Pie (NO JOKE) for dinner. It was a puffed pastry in a bowl. I ordered something similar but was called Charter Pie (no way in h*** would I order something called Cow Pie...ever.) Anyway, Dad asked our waiter how she was supposed to eat it and he proceeded to cut into the pastry and scoop out the contents onto her plate...it was hilarious and entertaining! What a wonderful meal with wonderful people. We all missed Nickie though - we wish we could all be here together.
Kristin, we all thought of you tonight as we reminisced about our day. She always says that no matter what, our conversation turns to bodily functions...ugh. Well today that happened way too often...ha! Between Mom and Dad, I just can't take it. (but secretly I love it) haha Here goes the list...it's just too funny not to share.
1. Walking down the Royal Mall after the Changing of the Guards we passed some horse droppings on the road and Dad says, "Even the horses poop in line"! I about died - but he was right - it was crazy how straight the line was! Oh boy...I'm sure we got some good looks for that one!
2. A client of Mom's recommend Ken Lo's China Restaurant. We want to make a visit but thought we would need reservations. So, we looked online and sure enough we did. As I was reading reviews for the place though I read, "Chef Kam Poo But is like none other"...his name is Poo But!!! I cried I was laughing so hard. I felt like Nickie - silly and giggly at the use of such language. What the heck? Why wouldnt he change his name?!?
3. As you know, Mom ordered COW PIE! I mean, c'mon!!!!! Of course she would...later she wondered if she could get a Horse Apple for dessert...oh, Mom.
I love them dearly and count my blessings everyday for having them. I am truly blessed.
Ooh! I can't wait to see what this blog post brings!! :D
ReplyDeleteHAHAHAHAHA! I laughed out loud at this post and I wasn't even there! Glad to see you are having fun!
ReplyDeleteFive stars! Hilarious post, Katie! Please keep us up to date on the family adventures. Sounds like fun!
ReplyDeleteGood stuff, I bet you guys could even make the guards crack a smile:D JK
ReplyDeleteHilarious! I laughed so hard I had tears!
ReplyDelete~ Kristin
You weren't here, Nick?!? Hahahaha we died from laughter after hearing these comments. You all know us too well - what a disaster! I'm worried my posts won't be as funny from here on out but who am I kidding...they never offer a dull moment :)
ReplyDelete