Saturday, March 6, 2010

Nickie brought the sun!




What a day! I'm convinced Nickie brought the sun to London because today was another spectacular day. Waking up with the sun shining through my window is pure bliss. We slept in today which was nice. After a quick stop at The Sandwich Shop for lunch we headed to Covent Garden where there are two outdoor markets and many shops. The streets were lined with performers and shoppers all enjoying the beautiful day. We saw a man painted in gold standing as still as can be, a balloon artist and even a man dressed as a dog in a cage. It was literally the weirdest thing I'd ever seen. He was under a table and his head was made up like a dog. He had fake paws and a dog dish - people were even feeding him! I posted a picture just to show you how bizarre it was. Whoa...

Nickie found a wonderful charm bracelet to buy which I completely supported! It was fun seeing the streets bustling with people but the Tube wasn't much fun to navigate...there were people EVERYWHERE! I think it is the beginning of "tourist season" and a sunny Saturday that made the town so busy. After Covent Garden I brought Nickie to Oxford Street - my favorite shopping destination. Well, we weren't there long because the streets were packed and the stores were jammed! I couldn't believe it. I've never seen London so congested. I could tell Nickie wasn't having it so we grabbed a little snack and walked through Hyde Park to get home. I didn't want to take the Tube again so we cut through the park. What a site! I love the park, especially when it's nice outside. I was glad Nick got to see it too. We walked along the Serpentine and enjoyed the warm weather. It took us nearly an hour to get home, but we didn't mind :) It was a nice way to end our weekend in London.

We had a big Italian dinner at Rocca - Nickie treated! It was fun laughing and chatting with her - I'm so glad we got to spend the week together. A lot of my fellow classmates were getting back from their Spring Break trips so we hung out talking with them for a while. Around 10:00pm we headed to Zetland Arms (*shutter*) for a pint. I was glad Nick got to see the laid-back atmosphere of a London pub!

This week with Nickie has been the trip of a lifetime and I'll never forget it!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you girls had a good time! I was glad to see Nickie bought something for herself to remember her trip - which I'm sure she will never forget!! I was waiting to hear if Nick had a pint??? Jimmy said to say him and papa had a few pints last night. We are sorry we didn't get to skype but will try when Kristin and Phil are here. The warm weather is finally coming here too.

    Lots of love from here.

    Kim,Jim and Papa and Grandma (still sleeping)

    ReplyDelete