Friday, March 5, 2010

Running around the city


So, I forgot to set my watch back to London time. This meant that Nickie and I were up at 7:30am! Haha oops! That gave us time for a good breakfast, I guess. After breakfast we headed to Buckingham Palace to watch The Changing of the Guards. It was a beautiful, sunny day and people filled the mall outside of the palace. It was great to see the palace in the sun! We took pictures and watched some of the crazy people while we were waiting. The changing began at 11:00am but we did not stay to witness it all. People were SO pushy...ugh. We were right against the gate and it was unbelievable how rude some people got just to get a picture. It gave us the giggles, naturally, but we decided to leave. We had seen enough! We visited the Buckingham Gift Shop where I bought a book entitled "Katie in London". It's a children's book but I just couldn't resist! From there we hopped on the Tube and headed for Leicester Square. There we purchased tickets to WICKED. We proceeded to walk to Trafalgar Square and see the big lions and fountains. It was such a lovely day - London was glowing! After walking down Whitehall and past the residence of Gordon Brown, we arrived at Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament. Nickie was excited to see all of the famous landmarks. We then wandered back to Piccadilly Circus and ate lunch at a tavern. The fish and chips were spectacular :)

We had a long morning of walking and sight-seeing so we were tired when we got back to the flat around 4:00pm. After some rest we headed to the Apollo Victoria theatre to see WICKED. Again, it was FANTASTIC! I loved being able to see it for a second time as there were little things I had missed. Ahhhh I just LOVE it!

No comments:

Post a Comment