Friday, March 12, 2010

Oh how I've missed them!




THEY'RE HERE!!!!

It is absolutely wonderful seeing Mom, Dad and Lud. I can't believe they are actually here. It seems like so long ago they planned their visit and now it's actually happening! Their flight went smoothly and had no difficulties finding me at Heathrow. It was fun taking them on the Tube and walking the streets of London. It's great seeing the city through a newcomer's eyes.

They are staying literally right across the street from me on Manson Place. Their flat is MUCH nicer though :) I would give anything to have accommodations like that! This afternoon we walked around my neighborhood and ate lunch at The Queen's Arms on Queen's Gate Terrace which is about 8 minutes from my flat. We all ordered fish and chips - typical - and it was great. After getting some groceries, we headed back to their flat to get settled in. Mom and I talked to Grandma, Papa, and the Kuehns on Skype which was pretty funny. It was nice to hear their voices - I miss them all! Hopefully we'll get to do it again sometime soon :)

The fam hit the hay early so I went back to my flat. The boys and I played 500 for hours and hung out with the others. I can't wait to show everyone around London tomorrow - let's hope for some sunny weather!

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you all! I hope you have a fantastic time in London & Italy. You should definitely take photos of the Johnson flat, so we blog readers can see that too.

    Live it up! I'm looking forward to reading about your adventures. My life is a bit tough with an impending chemistry test tomorrow, so your blog is much more fun and provides a great distraction.

    I'm hoping for the sunny weather for you all also. Miss you, Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so nice to see you Katie! With our first time at learning to skype we were a mess!! The delay in voices is never good for us because we talk to fast. And to get all our faces in the screen - well let's just say it probably wasn't pretty! I did find out that it didn't take very much MB so we can do it again. We did get to see you are cute as ever. Miss you and have a good time with your family.
    Love
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second Beth's comments - your blog readers want more :)

    I need to schedule time just to keep up on all these blogs... Thanks for letting us experience your semester!!!

    Brian

    ReplyDelete