Friday, April 2, 2010

What a Good Friday!







One of the greatest days thus far! Justing, Molly, Calleigh, Anne, Hannah and I went to Kew Gardens around 11:00am this morning. Of course it was sunny when we left and when we got to the gardens. We made the mistake of doing the indoor conservatory first because when we came out it was pouring. Like usual, it didn't slow us down! We explored the beautiful gardens with all the great flowers and I loved it. There was a cool structure we climbed that took us amongst the top of the trees. There were amazing gardens within the Kew Garden. We took some sweet pics and even saw a peacock! We spent nearly 4 hours there! We were soaking wet and cold but got on the tube and made our way to Westminster Pier. From there we got on a boat on The Thames and rode to Greenwich. What a cool town! The sky cleared and the sun came out as we arrived. The Royal Observatory in Greenwich is somewhere I've wanted to go for almost a year and a half. There, you can straddle the Prime Meridian (0 longitude) and stand in both the Eastern and Western Hemispheres! Well, of course we got there 20 mins after 5:00 and guess when it closed? Yep, 5:00pm. I was so mad I thought I was going to cry. Luckily there was another little spot where we could see the line and got some good pics. We had some dinner at a pub in Greenwich and then we wandered around the park there and really enjoyed our time! We played on the playground and swang for a while. I LOVED my day - great day, great people!

We caught the boat back. We stood in a long line for the boat and were amongst some 15 or 16 year old kids who were dressed to kill! Whoa...so risque. I could not believe what some of those girls were wearing. We were so entertained watching them we didn't realize we were in the line for their party boat!! Haha oops :) We finally got our boat and rode the Thames back to Westminster Pier. The city looked amazing all lit up at night. Especially today, I realized how truly blessed I am. I can't believe I get to experience all of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment