Thursday, April 8, 2010

"Let The Sunshine In!"

Whoa! I just got back from Hair (the musical) and was blown away! Why the heck is theatre in London so spectacular? I would put Hair as one of my favorite shows...ever. Absolutely outstanding! I've heard some of the songs before but never knew they were from that musical. I want to go back already and I just might. I had to pay a lot of money for my terrible seat (I was way up in the boonies) because it's only been running in London for a week. I saw a promotion at the theatre though that offers 20 tickets for 20 pounds at 10:30am the day of the show. So I'm hoping I can take some friends next week. I was all by myself tonight and kind of felt like a fool as I was geekin' out. I was so darn excited - I just love musicals!! Hair was very interactive and hilarious and the music phenomenal. I bought the soundtrack as soon as I got back to my flat.

Earlier today I did packed a lunch and did homework in Hyde Park. The temperature hit 60 degrees so it was practically a heat wave. I camped out near the lake and ate my sandwich, listened to music and wrote some reflection essays for Senior Sem. I have to say: Dogs in Hyde Park are much better behaved when there isn't food around. That being said, I was pretty much attacked by three mousy dogs today. Ugh. Why me?!? I was enjoying a Chicken Baguette when they surrounded me! The owner could not get a hold of them. It was super annoying but I'm sure it looked hilarious from another view. Literally the dogs surrounded me and I had to lift my sandwich above my head so they didn't grab it. I had some of the sandwich that I picked apart in the grass and they definitely got that. As soon as the owner got one dog leashed (which took forever) she had to pass it on to a stranger who was watching the whole ordeal. Boy, oh, boy. Just a disaster. She finally got them all and apologized but then asked me what I was eating. Why the heck did she care?!? So odd. Well I must've smelled like meat then because I swear 5 more dogs came up to me throughout my 3 hour stay. I just tried to ignore them. Next time I'll have to bring chewing gum and body spray to keep them away! Although chaotic, the park was so enjoyable! Thank goodness Spring is coming.

P.S. Happy Birthday, Papa!

No comments:

Post a Comment