Tuesday, April 6, 2010

"Hey, are you girls friends with Johnny Cash?"

What a beautiful morning in London! I got a lot of sleep last night which was needed and when I awoke this morning the sun was shining through my window. I laced up my tennies, through on a t-shirt and headed out the door. Running through Hyde Park is seriously one of my favorite things to do. I did get a little distracted today though because I saw an open bench near the water and had to lay down. I couldn't resist the sun shining on my face!

I knew I had to get out this morning because the rest of my day was for writing a theatre review. I have soooo many papers to write I've told myself I need to do one a day or at least work on them daily. After typing out an 1000 word review on The Lion King I headed to Sloane Square for a showing of The Empire. It was a tiny theatre with only 6 rows of seats. Again, it was a production on war and I just didn't enjoy it at all. While the space was intimate and the idea a good one, I just didn't think there was enough of a climax or plot in general. It was my least favorite show thus far. Sadly, it was our last one for class...my time here is quickly winding down. After the show, Hannah and I had Thai food at The Churchill Arms on Kensington Church Street. How fantastic!! We had been meaning to eat there this whole semester because it had been recommended to us by previous participants. Well, we got there just before they stopped serving food so we quickly placed an order. I went to the bar to get drinks and when I got back to the table the food was already there! The bartender was the cutest one I've met - he had many "bar tricks" he liked showing me and kept calling me "darling". Who can resist that British accent?!? Haha Hannah and I enjoyed our Pad Thai and as we were getting ready to leave a very drunk gentleman asked us, "Hey, are you girls friends with Johnny Cash?" Hahaha we smiled and said we were fans, but not friends. He then proceeded to tell how much he loved and respected Johnny and what wonderful music he's created. Whoa, so random and completely hilarious. Why o why do we attract all of the crazies?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment