Thursday, April 22, 2010

Emotions running wild...

Never before have my emotions been all over the place. I started my day by doing some last-minute travel errands. I needed to mail a card, get money and then get some Euro. When I got back I started backing my life away. Gosh, it wasn't easy. First of all, I literally only have my backpack and one suitcase to pack in because my second suitcase is full of gifts and souvenirs. I didn't realize how much I've bought! I know, I know, you're all laughing but seriously, it added up. It literally took me 3-4 hours to clean everything out and pack it up. On top of that, I had to be strategic because we are leaving our suitcases at Heathrow and I'm only taking a backpack to Rome.

I spent some time working on my Internship application this summer because it is due on the 3rd of May, so I needed to get cracking. At 6:30pm we met Vilma at O'Neils for a final dinner on CSB/SJU! We got a meal, non-alcoholic drinks and dessert for free - so wonderful. I had my last Fish and Chips and we chatted about our trip together. It is INSANE to think that we've done 4 months together and that it's all coming to an end. After O'Neils we met our professor Justin at the Cock and Bottle in Notting Hill near his flat. He is a really great guy so it was fun to get a pint with him. Our group is really fantastic and even though we have our resident crazies and personalities differ, overall we are really lucky how we got along. Vilma couldn't say enough about how truly wonderful our group was for her. She got all teary-eyed saying goodbye to us. When I gave her a hug and thanked her for everything, I couldn't fight the tears because she just makes my heart melt. I am blessed to have met her - she made this trip remarkable. What a great woman!

I honestly can't believe it's coming to an end. I want to go to Rome, and definitely want to be home soon, but I'm going to miss what we had here. I know that our whole group shares something truly unique. I love all of the people I've met and I've made some amazing friendships.

No comments:

Post a Comment