We went to a mosque today for my Islam class. It wasn't much different than the few I saw in Istanbul but still interesting. We listened to a scholar who had some funky views on women, veils and masculinity/femininity within the Islam religion but oh well.
Justin told us all about the Kray Twins today in British Life and Culture. Of course I was donning my Twins shirt so it felt funny everytime he said, "the twins". Hahaha it was fun learning about the gangsters in the East End and his close encounters with the infamous brothers.
I finished my two papers early today so that I would enjoy the Home Opener. Matt found a good site to watch the game for free so I got to see the first pitch and the first few innings. Because the Twins were up 3-0 by the third I went to a pub with the crew. We each had a pint at The Anglesea Arms near our flat. I chatted with the bartender about the twins when he asked me about my shirt. Twins talk is never a hard thing for me :) After the pub I finished watching the game while playing 500 with Colin, Paul and Nate. Good day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment