Wednesday, April 21, 2010

IT'S SUMMER!




We gave our final presentations for Senior Sem this morning and I loved everyone's presentations. We got to share our highlights, low points, and all of the things we learned. Basically, everyone put together a PowerPoint of their favorite pictures and told their favorite stories. I touched on theatre in London, Germany with Nickie, Kew Gardens/Greenwich, my HOST UK weekend and getting to know the group. I got a lot of laughs which I was going for so that was good. I got teary-eyed listening to some of the presentations. I truly believe what we all experienced together was something that we'll never get again. Whether we all got along or not, we will share something special forever. Vilma was absolutely hilarious is class today as well! It made me a little sad that we didn't get to spend more time with her this trip but she had a good point...She thanked us for giving her and her family time to themselves and not interrupt their vacation. I thought that was a good perspective as well. I can't believe it's technically summer and that I am practically in my senior year of college. Where the heck has time gone?!?

After class a group of us took a nap in Hyde Park. The sun was gorgeous today so we soaked it all up! I napped for nearly 2 hours before walking with Calleigh to Oxford Street. I made my final purchase in London today - bought another purse and wallet. I had been eyeing a certain bag from TopShop since January and decided I couldn't live without it :)

Our whole class rode the London Eye tonight as a final farewell. We took a lot of great group photos and took a sunset flight on the largest Ferris Wheel in the world. The trip was quick - only 30 minutes - but it was a fantastic time. I am really going to miss everyone - even the resident crazies. And trust me, there are plenty! I just love getting to know people and gaining a new perspective on life through their specific thoughts and ideas. A group of us hit up a club in Notting Hill but it wasn't that great. After some dancing and a drink we came back to good ol' Flat 20 and called it a night.

It's sad to think I only have 3 more nights here...

No comments:

Post a Comment