


2 classes down, 2 to go! I presented an article in Islam today as a final project. Class this morning was filled with presentations and final conclusions. Later in the afternoon I wrote a final essay for Justin's class which wasn't difficult at all because we were able to prepare and bring a note sheet to class. It was an odd feeling being done with those classes - it really hit home that I'll be leaving soon.
Cal found a salsa bar that hosts Country Mondays! We have been waiting all week to dance the night away to country music (it practically does not exist here so we've been missing it) and ride the mechanical bull until dawn! Sadly, when we arrived at the club, there was only salsa music. Justin, Nate, Anne, Cal, Laura and I tried our best to learn the samba and paid way too much for mojitos. What did we decide to do? We went to the Sports Cafe - free entry and 1.5P drinks! I swore I wouldn't go back there but the music is just too hard to resist. We danced for nearly 2 hours before finding some cool, fresh air. We walked to Trafalgar Square and climbed the gigantic lions! This was on my list of things to do before I left because everyone does it. Ususally thre are so many people though I never do. Well, there isn't anyone at 2:00am...ha! We also walked to Big Ben to get some funny pictures at night :D What a fun group! After a night like that, we are all exhausted.
Volcano update: Looks like flights out of Scotland will be starting tomorrow which brings hope to us Londoners. Laura, Hannah and I are scheduled to fly to Rome on Saturday so I've been praying the ash cloud moves before then. It's been kind of scary making plans about what should happen if we can't fly. Of course, I feel like this is just my luck, a volcano erupts when I need to get home!
Cal found a salsa bar that hosts Country Mondays! We have been waiting all week to dance the night away to country music (it practically does not exist here so we've been missing it) and ride the mechanical bull until dawn! Sadly, when we arrived at the club, there was only salsa music. Justin, Nate, Anne, Cal, Laura and I tried our best to learn the samba and paid way too much for mojitos. What did we decide to do? We went to the Sports Cafe - free entry and 1.5P drinks! I swore I wouldn't go back there but the music is just too hard to resist. We danced for nearly 2 hours before finding some cool, fresh air. We walked to Trafalgar Square and climbed the gigantic lions! This was on my list of things to do before I left because everyone does it. Ususally thre are so many people though I never do. Well, there isn't anyone at 2:00am...ha! We also walked to Big Ben to get some funny pictures at night :D What a fun group! After a night like that, we are all exhausted.
Volcano update: Looks like flights out of Scotland will be starting tomorrow which brings hope to us Londoners. Laura, Hannah and I are scheduled to fly to Rome on Saturday so I've been praying the ash cloud moves before then. It's been kind of scary making plans about what should happen if we can't fly. Of course, I feel like this is just my luck, a volcano erupts when I need to get home!
No comments:
Post a Comment