Sunday, April 11, 2010

Another lovely weekend




On Saturday Paul, Anne, Calleigh and I went to Trocadero "mall" in Piccadilly. Cal found a free break dancing, beat boxing contest. We got there early and watched the dancers warm up. It is amazing how strong they are! I was completely impressed. They also had free customized t-shirts! I got one that says "South Ken" in some ghetto lettering...pretty sweet. We stayed there for quite a while but it was so sunny and warm outside we had to get out. Camden Market was swarming with some crazies yesterday. That market is so out there I can't really take it. We all got lunch and were separated quickly because there were so many people out. I enjoyed some yummy nachos and a nutella crepe for dessert :) We found this absolutely insane store called Cyberdog. It was black inside and full of clothing and accessories that glowed...so cool! There were things in there that should be worn in outer space...I swear. I felt like I could conjure up a fantastic Halloween costume but everything was very expensive. Bummer.

I woke up for mass this morning and walked to the Oratory. It hit me in church today that I'll only go to one for mass there before going home. I only have 2.5 weeks left! It is honestly crazy how fast my time went here. I get sad thinking about leaving. I have loved every minute of being here, I've met so many wonderful friends and learned a lot about myself and others. What a great experience. After church I went to Spitalfields Market and Petticoat Lane Market again. I found a few things there to bring home for friends. Again, it was a sunny day so it was just nice being outside. I had to come back to reality though and spent the rest of the day writing papers. Not doing homework for 3 months, I have a lot to do...oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment