Monday, April 5, 2010

Wait, I am standing in two hemispheres?!?




I was so tired all day today. I had a very busy weekend and exhaustion set in today. Luckily, classes were cancelled! I woke up way too early, had some breakfast and then we all headed back to Greenwich. Because we didn't get to go into the observatory, we suggested we all go together. A huge group of us went - it was like an old school field trip! We packed a lunch and sat in the park after we waited in line to take a picture on the Prime Meridian. It was fun to have such a huge group there :)

I got to talk to my best friend LAURA today - it is so sad not being able to talk to her. Sadly, she doesn't have Skype so we don't get to catch up often. After our chat I made some dinner and then Anne, Hannah, Calleigh and I went to see Phantom. Unfortunately there were only 'restricted view' seats left so we didn't go. We all really wanted to see a show so we walked to a bunch of theatres in the area and all the shows were either sold out or closed (bank holiday). We wandered around Piccadilly and did some shopping. We were approached by this crazy man. He came right up to us and asked, "Hey are you girls Swedish?". We answered, "no". He proceeded then to try and win us over and at one point asked us very pointedly, "I want to go out with you. I want to see you again.". What the heck?!? Wow. Londoners never cease to surprise me.

No comments:

Post a Comment