Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Two Tours

I was so happy to have our Senior Seminar class at the British Museum today. When we walked in, I saw Victoria waiting for us. If you remember, she lead us to Stonehenge and Winchester on our "death avoidance excursion"! She is literally my favorite tour guide...ever. And today she didn't disappoint. I had been meaning to get to the museum on my own because I've heard great things about it. I was very impressed by it's size. I learned that the museums all around my flat only exist because the British Museum ran out of space. Every artifact coming to London throughout the past hundreds of year went to the British Museum. Highlight of the tour = The Rosetta Stone. We got to see a lot of fun stuff - I loved the museum.

After our tour ended, I was a part of a group of 13 students who got to tour the BBC. What a great tour! I loved every second of it. Vilma arranged the tour and I'm so glad she did. We toured the actual studios and got to see where the online news channels were monitored and updated. Our guides, Frances and Louisa, were enthusiastic and great fun. At one point during the tour we got to see how the weather "green screen" works and a few students got to participate in the interactive studio where Justin read the teleprompter and headlines and Molly, Amy and Paul got to play "the weakest link". It was a lot of fun!

After the tours I went shopping and decided I will NEVER be going back to Primark. I've decided that even though it's cheap, nothing in there is worth how crabby the place makes me. There are so many people ALL of the time! It makes me instantly cranky...ha! So no more. I did go to H&M and found a few things :)

At night we went to Cheapskate to celebrate Nate's 21st. The name says it all. What a disgusting club! The cover charge was 4P and drinks were .90 pence but cheap drinks weren't even worth it. I swear the place was an old strip club with cheetah carpet and crazy lights. The bar was so packed I never made it there - I couldn't weasel my way up. They allow you to buy 6 drinks at a time though so I got one from someone. I felt like I was at a terrible high school party. The crowd was super young and super drunk. Gosh, it was just awful. We sat on couches and I never want to know what happened on them before I sat there. I swear I contracted something. So....I will never be going back there again!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, it took you THIS long to come to the realization that Primark is terrible? Haha! I am pretty sure I came to that conclusion the moment I left Primark. I'm jealous you got to tour the BBC. Sounds like a lot of fun! :D Skype soon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah the BBC tour was fantastic - you would've loved it. And definitely no more Primark...yuck!

    ReplyDelete