Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Lovely London

I have been so impressed with the weather in London recently it's ridiculous. Now, as I saw that, watch it pour the rest of the time. Gosh, I hope not because I love not wearing a coat anymore. It's so...liberating! I revised my two papers that were due today in the morning and then caught a bus to Piccadilly Circus to do some shopping for friends and family. I have no clue how I'm going to pack to come home! The sun was shining and I was shopping...what could be better?

After my money was nearly spent I returned to the flat just as a few people were headed to Hyde Park to play football (soccer). I quickly changed clothes and tagged along. What a fun time! I can honestly say I don't think I've ever played football before so it was fun to run around. There were 4 on 4 and for some odd reason I was playing offense which only proved to be utterly hilarious! I don't know how many times I got into scoring position (is that even what it's called in soccer?!?) and my shot always went left! Ugh. Finally Paul told me to use the inside of my foot and not my toe...he said like a putter not a cue stick! Hahaha it was sooo funny - and the analagy worked. Luckily, I am a fast learner, and scored 3 goals! The park was bustling - it was so nice to be outside. We all got a little sweaty which was sweet. We had class at 6:00 so we only played for about an hour.

In class I turned in two papers which felt pretty amazing. We also took a quiz, which was just hilarious because my long-winded professor, Mark is a nutcase! He had about 4 questions on the quiz that in no way correlated to the shows we'd seen all semester. What a crazy man! I'm not too worried though because it was only worth 5 points and not a major part of our grade...good thing. Cal and I went to The Churchill Arms for some Thai dinner but the place was packed because of the Chelsea game. We ordered take-away and had a yummy dinner in the flat. Today hit me that I'm about ready to be home. I am looking forward to my last few weeks here, but I am missing my regular schedule, family and friends.

2 comments:

  1. Does your readiness to be home have anything to do with the Twins season starting? :D I have a feeling I will be experiencing something similar to your football experience on Sunday when my study abroad group is getting together to play volleyball. I am SO bad!! haha It will be fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy London, Paris - and Rome - then hurry home - we miss you too!

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete