The weather here has been nasty. Yesterday and today it has been cold, windy, rainy and snowy. It's too bad because it seems the weather is holding us back a bit. Yesterday our group took a 2 hour walking tour and I'm convinced I still haven't completely warmed up yet. It doesn't help either that we get about 2 warm showers in the morning...Gives us some incentive to be the first up and in the shower :)
Saturday brought a lot of sightseeing. After getting to know our neighborhood of South Kensington, we took a 2 hour bus tour of the city. I saw Big Ben, Westminster, St. Paul's Cathedral, Fleet Street, the Tower Bridge and many other famous sites. Because the weather was so awful we didn't stay long to take pictures. We are definitely visiting each site again!
This morning, due to the weather, we decided it best to visit one of the many free museums. Luckily, we are living just 3 blocks from The Natural History Museum. The building is absolutely beautiful and huge! The place was PACKED though. We decided that a Sunday afternoon is not the day to visit. Hannah and I met up with some other girls from our flat and we decided to hop the Underground for the first time. It was great! We had no problems taking the Picadilly Line from Gloucester Station to Covent Gardens. The 6 of us had dinner and learned the hard way about ordering water. When the waitress asks if she should bring a bottle to the table...say no! Haha we ended up paying 4 pounds for a bottle of water that was not easily divisible by 6 :(
Tonight we headed to a local tavern to watch the Packer game. It was fun to cheer on a "semi-local" team. It's been great getting to know all the people on our trip. I absolutely love sitting around talking and laughing with all of them! Tomorrow we start classes...can't wait to see what that brings!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a great picture! I thought it was a "canned" one until I scrolled down and recognized the "girl in the middle". You are all so stunning - even then it looks like a picture they would post to entice college students to "study abroad" in London.
ReplyDeleteHope you warm up. We may hit 32 degrees this week - that is a 40+ degree warm-up!
Love, Mom
Looks like you're having a grand time. Keep up the good work- can't wait for FLEET STREET!
ReplyDelete