Friday, January 15, 2010

London is going to be the financial death of me.


Have you ever seen Bedknobs and Broomsticks? Well, I visited Portobello Road today and couldn't stop thinking of that movie haha. The market was huge and full of antiques, clothing and jewelry. It rained for the first time this morning - before it was just a snowy mix of sleet and rain. Of course I forgot my gloves and umbrella today but oh well. I saw a lot of cool things at the market but I am not really into the old stuff. Guess what I bought?....hangers! Haha I didn't get enough hangers in the flat so I found some for a pound at the market! Go me...Later in the day I bought a pair of heel ankle boots that are completely wonderful and amazing. I swear though, I will be poorer than poor when I get home :( At least I'll be stylin'.

I had a meeting for my trip to Istanbul tonight and got my itinerary for the tour. After that, a bunch of people wanted to go to McDonald's so I tagged along. I didn't think I'd be in McDonald's within the first week of being abroad...I don't go there at home! Tonight we are all staying in because we are headed to Stonehenge tomorrow at 8:00am.

Miss you all!

3 comments:

  1. Well, who could ever go to Stonehenge without the appropriate ankle-height boots?

    I can't wait to hear about your tour. I think they found some new evidence of sacrificial activities at the site and were researching sound waves between the stones to determine if the alter placements were intentional....well you can tell me....

    I am hearing from many that they are following your blogs. We are looking for postings like waiting anxiously for the next Harry Potter novel. Too bad the royalties are not the same.

    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd really love to say that I'm shocked at your expenditures and shopping urges, but I'm really not. haha :)

    I can't wait to see- and share- your boots. I've been making good use out of Katie's Beautiful Boutique here at home.

    Love, Lud

    p.s. I love Mom's simile in her comment. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom's simile = hilarious! And yeah, I wish the royalties were even a 10th of what J.K. Rowling gets :)

    Lud, you best be washing all of those clothes. And these new boots are mine!

    ReplyDelete