Thursday night 7 of us went to the West End (London's Broadway) and purchased student rush tickets to Avenue Q for 20 quid. Our seats were great - I love being a student! For those of you who are unfamiliar with Avenue Q, it is a musical that is loosely based off of and in the style of Sesame Street. Most of the characters are puppets that are controlled by actors on stage. The cast is a mix of real people, monster puppets and 'people' puppets. It was a hilarious show which is a parody of Sesame Street but uses adult situations and humor. Some of the songs include: "What do you do with a B.A. in English?", "My life sucks", "Everyone's a little bit racist", "Schadenfreude" and many more! I think you get the picture :) The show was a ton of fun and I laughed a lot which is always good!
Today I headed to Camden Market - one of the biggest in London. Saturday and Sundays are the peak days of the week, but it was packed today. I must say, Camden is much different than South Kensington. I am finally seeing different parts of this amazingly diverse city. Camden was full of mohawks and piercings, bright colors and drug memorabilia, ethnic and eclectic clothing. The weather was upsetting as usual so I didn't spend much time in the outdoor stalls. You won't be surprised at all, but as I was looking around in the rain I found refuge in ALDO. For weeks now, I had been in search of a bigger purse that goes over my body not just shoulder as it's safer and easier to have both hands free. Well, I found one! Haha it was only 9P and pretty cute, if I do say so myself. I feel like I'm going to get myself in trouble though if I keep sharing my shopping stories. I know I at least have some support from Kim :) She understands this odd obsession! Hannah, Calleigh, Mary and I ate lunch at a great little restaurant called Fogg's. I came back to the flat to do some homework. Yes, I do have homework! In fact, I posted a picture of my whole group in class just as proof! A group of us are headed to the Sports Cafe tonight but won't be out late as we board a bus for Dover tomorrow at 7:50am - let's hope this bus ride is quieter than the last!
Just think - I have a B.A. in English - and no purses - and I still love reading your blog!
ReplyDeleteLove, Mom