Thursday, January 14, 2010

Ladies, watch your necks.


Today was pretty wonderful. 8 of us ventured to the Tower of London. For 14.50 P we got to tour the premises. We were guided by a very sexist "beefeater" who was funny at first and then took his jokes too far. Luckily, the tour was only 30 min or so. We got some useful information and then toured the exhibits. The Tower of London is where many be-headings and executions took place...it was great! I stood where Anne Boleyn was beheaded. Seems weird, right? But I enjoyed being at such a historical location. The Tower of London is also the place that holds the Crown Jewels! We saw the largest cut diamond in the world - The First Star of Africa - it was over 3,000 carats. Yes, please! I would definitely recommend this site for any London visitors.

FIE provided our whole group with free show tickets. Half of us went to 39 Steps and the other half got to see Mel C. (Sporty Spice) in Blood Brothers. 39 Steps was hilarious and definitely a great show. I have to say though, I would have loved to see Sporty Spice on stage :) I might have to buy a ticket to see it sometime later in the semester.

1 comment:

  1. I think you have your future career all figured out - you need to be a travel blogger!!

    Love reading your posts and it sounds like you are having a blast over there - make sure you make the most of it!!

    Brian

    ReplyDelete