Mondays are full of classes - My Islam class is so fascinating. Today we learned all about the Quran, unfortunately I could not keep my eyes open for the video. 8am class is going to be tough - I know, I know, pathetic. A group of us hit up the Sandwich Shop for lunch and then sat in the flat until our second class at 2:00pm. My professor for British Life and Culture, Justin, is hilarious and a great guy. Today we discussed famous British personalities and stereotypes. Justin is very relaxed and gives a nice, comfortable vibe. We are free to ask him anything and he gives us his honest opinion. Because we gave our stereotypes of the English, he gave us some the typical stereotypes of Americans. He discussed our lack of fashion or caring about how we look, guns and violence (everyone in America has a gun), self-centered and ignorant to the rest of the world. He was intrigued by how many us had guns in our households - guns are completely illegal in England. Not even the cops carry guns. He also gave some positive stereotypes: very enthusiastic and hard-working. That class is going to be amazing!
Because we are in London, it is completely acceptable to find a play any night of the week. There are so many shows here it's unbelievable. Hannah, Laura and I hoped the Piccadilly Line eastbound to Covent Garden and purchased student rush tickets to CHICAGO for 28P!!! And, to top it all off, we got 3rd row seats :D I had never seen the play before and have only seen parts of the movie. I was pleasantly surprised by all of the dancing and singing. I would recommend it to EVERYONE - AMAZING!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
SOO JEALOUS! that's awesome!
ReplyDeletewhat!?! no way! thats sweet!
ReplyDelete