Monday, January 11, 2010

Class: Day 1

This morning my alarm clock woke me at 7:30am to get to class by 9:00am. Sadly, this felt way too early! My first class was Islam and the West and the class is going to be great! My professor is an atheist man from Iran and is very enthusiastic about the Islam faith. His class will explore the Islam tradition and perceptions we Americans have towards Muslim people. I am excited to learn all about Islamic practices and beliefs. I know the class will challenge my faith and I am excited to grow deeper in my beliefs as I explore the beliefs of so many others. We will be taking an excursion to Istanbul and may even visit the al jazeera news broadcast center in London.

My second class was much more laid-back and my professor is hilarious! He just got back from holiday and asked the class if we could take it easy today...how could we say no?!? We got to ask him ANY questions about ANYTHING. He has the typical dry London sense of humor and I can't wait to go to his class again. The name of the class is British Life and Culture and should be really relevant and interesting.

All of my classes are solely with CSB/SJU students so it's going to be a great way to truly get to know everyone in the program.

I did some major grocery shopping today at Sainsbury's and only spent 13 P which made me pretty happy :) I spent some time reading at Cafe Nero and got the best Chai Latte I've EVER had...brilliant! Ok, well I've gone on long enough now I think. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment