It is currently 8:39pm London time and I am completely wiped. Traveling days always get to be too long and exhausting.
I headed for the MSP airport around 4:30pm on Wednesday, 5 hours early for my flight. Now, I do like to be early, but even I thought it was a little extreme. The reason I had to arrive so early was my first and last names were switched on my boarding pass! It can never just go as planned for me...oh well. I got my ticket changed with some minor delay and then I waited for Hannah to arrive. Once her bags were checked we headed through security without a hitch. I found my seat and got settled. I sat next to the most eccentric young woman. She had dreadlocks, crazy cheetah-print glasses and a plush reindeer braclet. She through her brown leather bags on her seat and introduced herself. She told me about some London hot-spots and where to visit. We didn't talk long because I fell asleep. Odd thing is though, I woke up with her big, blue headband on my lap...? She definitely didn't have any space issues and felt completley comfortable taking off her shoes and socks for the flight. A few bumps and a puking baby later, we landed in London!
After going through the UK boarder patrol and finding our baggage, the 17 of us made our way to the shuttle that FIE sent for us. A very friendly woman named Angie gave us a mini talking tour as we rode the bus to our flats. We arrived at Metrogate, got our keys and finally arrived at our flat in Manson Place. I am living with 8 girls and 3 guys in a 5 bedroom, 3 bathroom flat. We all share a kitchen and living space...it's pretty great!
After getting IDs, mobile phones and textbooks we were finally able to unpack! I wanted to give a little update of my day...more to come tomorrow.
Good night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I bet you highly enjoyed when the crazy took her socks and shoes off!!! Glad to hear everything went well! Everyone asked about you at work and i'm jealous mom got to skype with you!!! Hopefully talk to you soon! :D
ReplyDeleteIT was SO nice "skyping" with you today sweetheart, I hope you are getting some much needed sleep. Thanks for posting the blog - it is very interesting and informative.
ReplyDeleteLove you, Mom
WOW...I am already hooked on your blog Katie...good job..and thanks. Glad you made it safely there. Now I see that your Mom is "skyping"??? I better sign up for an account...can't let her get past me in the technology arena! Take Care. Mike
ReplyDeleteThank you all for reading my blog. You'll have to tell me how I'm doing. I think there is an application that will allow me to upload some photos so I'll have to get pictures up soon. And Mike, you better get an account because Mom was doing pretty well with it!
ReplyDeleteI miss you all - Love you