Thursday, February 25, 2010

Love Actaully Is All Around

SHE'S HERE!

The Tube ride took approximately 50 min and I arrived at Terminal 4 at Heathrow. I was early because I wanted to make sure I was there when she walked through the gate. One of my favorite movies is Love Actually and it begins with the arrivals gate at Heathrow airport. Can I just say, love actually is all around that place! I loved watching all of the people meet up with family and friends. One dad had a new car for his son as he ran to his dad...precious. One woman in a cute red coat and heels, walked through the doors and looked lost. Around the corner, a man emerged and she gasped. They said nothing to one another and he gave her a huge hug! They didn't talk for the next 30 seconds until she started crying. They weren't speaking English but from what I could comprehend, she must've been waiting for family to pick her up and he was there instead. She had a wedding ring, but he wasn't wearing one. So, I made up a little story, but it was touching. I didn't know I was so sappy - but I loved it. They then proceeded to make out and practically go at it (Europeans don't care about pda in the slightest)! But it still made me smile. (Luckily they left soon, otherwise I might've thrown up...ha!) Anyway, not much longer after they left did Nickie walk through the doors! Another girl from my program had a friend coming on the same flight so we waited together. It was great to see Nickie - I'm so glad she's here! We made our way back to South Ken and I showed her around a bit. In typical London fashion, it started to rain so our plans to walk around Hyde Park were dismissed. We ventured to Primark to get her a towel and then went back to the flat. We've been hanging out here and getting packed and ready for our journey to Germany tomorrow....can't wait!

4 comments:

  1. Looooove that movie!!! That's exactly what I would have thought of too if I were there! It would have been perfect if you would have seen a Colin-type heading out to find women in a wonderful place called "Wisconsin" - hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad Nickie made it and you found each other at the airport. I was asking her if she had an umbrella and she thought she might have an old one that had the name of a liquor store on it. She didn't think she'd need a new one because that one worked. Are you sure you are related? So I told Nickie to have fun and shop. You know what sister I'm like!! Have fun girls.
    Love Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT...your sister shows up and the rest of us are forced to wait for our updates??? Do you think we have anything better to do than wait for the daily updates on your blog? Well..we don't...please post soon! :-) Laurann did fabulous in Grease...perhaps you'll see her in a London show soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristin - that would have been perfect! Isn't that movie just the greatest?!?

    Kim - We had to buy her an umbrella right away. That's ok though, I'm glad she didn't bring the Vodka one! We are going shopping tomorrow, I hope she finds something!

    Mike - Are you happy now? Haha the most recent posts will keep you reading for a while! I'm sad we missed Grease...Laurann in London would be great, wouldn't it?!?

    ReplyDelete