Another 6 hours of class on a gloomy Monday filled the majority of my day. A lot of us have become frustrated with the misuse of the word "like" in class discussion. It's used way too often and it's completely distracting! Some of us have had fun tallying and creating a game out of it though! In Justin's class we discussed the House of Lords reformation and the BBC. I was unaware that the BBC was completely public and therefore no commercials. Residents pay approx. 142 P a year for a television license. I thought it was hilarious that blind people only have to pay half - makes sense though I guess. They only get to listen! That shouldn't be funny, but for some reason I couldn't stop giggling. Also, they have a sort of "television license" police. Justin told a captivating story about the time he was young and rebellious and didn't purchase said license. He had multiple visits from the "police" and got away relatively easy :)
After class Hannah, Calleigh and I set out to Oxford Street to find a piercing place. Well, it was nowhere to be found. We happened across The Museum of Small Things which was hilarious because they instantly thought I needed a picture by the sign...ha! My nickname, thanks to Paul, is "Midge". Aren't my flatmates nice?!? We wandered around for a bit and then decided to meet Matt at Ye Olde Mitre Tavern - one of the oldest pubs in London. It was founded in 1546 by a bishop. The atmosphere was terrific and relaxing...we loved it! I'd love to take any visitor there. On our way out we met a man from New York and his buddy who was wearing a Red Sox hat. We started up a convo after they offered to take our photo - turns out they are great guys and we talked baseball for a while which made me happy! On our way home we ventured into the gelato shop again - that may just be the death of me. Another great night :)
After class Hannah, Calleigh and I set out to Oxford Street to find a piercing place. Well, it was nowhere to be found. We happened across The Museum of Small Things which was hilarious because they instantly thought I needed a picture by the sign...ha! My nickname, thanks to Paul, is "Midge". Aren't my flatmates nice?!? We wandered around for a bit and then decided to meet Matt at Ye Olde Mitre Tavern - one of the oldest pubs in London. It was founded in 1546 by a bishop. The atmosphere was terrific and relaxing...we loved it! I'd love to take any visitor there. On our way out we met a man from New York and his buddy who was wearing a Red Sox hat. We started up a convo after they offered to take our photo - turns out they are great guys and we talked baseball for a while which made me happy! On our way home we ventured into the gelato shop again - that may just be the death of me. Another great night :)
May I inquire?
ReplyDeleteLooking for a "piercing place..."
For whom was the piercing?
And for which part of the body?
Love, your MOTHER!
Haha nice MOM!
ReplyDeleteP.S why is "started" highlighted in yellow? I don't understand the emphasis...
Well, MOTHER I would hope you could trust that my decision making skills are up to par. I don't think I'll be getting pierced soon, but who knows? No worries. Calleigh wants her tragus pierced and Hannah just wants some different jewelry. Wow, I can't believe I'm explaining myself!
ReplyDeleteAnd Nickie, I have no clue what the yellow is...ha! It just happens randomly!