As a residence of the Royal British family since the 17th century, Kensington Palace is a mere 4 blocks from my flat in South Kensington. A group of 7 of us headed to the stately, modest palace yesterday for a tour. We purchased tickets online prior to our visit and saved some money - go college students! The palace is situated in beautiful Hyde Park and has stunning gardens and views of the serpentine. It is most famously known as the official residence of Princess Diana until her death in 1997. Last week we talked a lot about Princess Di in Justin's class so it was neat to visit where she lived. She had an interesting life and lifestyle. The tour consisted of a brief history about debutantes and 'The Season'. The displays were interactive and informative. Some girls' families spent $130,000(in today's money) on the debutante season. One part of the tour taught us how to waltz, obtain good posture and curtsy. It was pretty hilarious to see us all trying to curtsy...especially the guys :) There was also a few rooms which had some of Princess Diana's dresses on display. It was cool to see the famous outfits and the regal events she attended wearing them. It's a lot of fun to live in the same neighborhood as Kensington Palace.
Last night we played flip cup with everyone in the two flats. Although messy, it was a blast! I absolutely love just laughing and chilling with everyone. Later in the evening people went their separate ways. A group of us headed to The Sports Cafe, as usual. I'm getting kind of sick of the place because the atmosphere is so American...ha! But, it offers free entry most nights and has cheap drinks. I do have to say, they play great music and the dancing is a riot!
Today Hannah and I tackled Primark. Every time I go there the dressing room line is so long I never venture in. But today, we had time and I was ready! I walked out of Primark with a skirt, dress, shirt, hair pins and some tights :) We then headed to a new store called The New Look and it was great. I've now decided that Oxford Street is one of my favorite places in London. Hannah, Catie, Alan, Justin and I went to The Hoop and Toy to relax tonight after a nap and dinner. After last night, we all welcomed a chill evening. The pub is just behind our flat and I really like the atmosphere. We all shared stories and laughs, it was great!
Last night we played flip cup with everyone in the two flats. Although messy, it was a blast! I absolutely love just laughing and chilling with everyone. Later in the evening people went their separate ways. A group of us headed to The Sports Cafe, as usual. I'm getting kind of sick of the place because the atmosphere is so American...ha! But, it offers free entry most nights and has cheap drinks. I do have to say, they play great music and the dancing is a riot!
Today Hannah and I tackled Primark. Every time I go there the dressing room line is so long I never venture in. But today, we had time and I was ready! I walked out of Primark with a skirt, dress, shirt, hair pins and some tights :) We then headed to a new store called The New Look and it was great. I've now decided that Oxford Street is one of my favorite places in London. Hannah, Catie, Alan, Justin and I went to The Hoop and Toy to relax tonight after a nap and dinner. After last night, we all welcomed a chill evening. The pub is just behind our flat and I really like the atmosphere. We all shared stories and laughs, it was great!
So do you want me to bring one to two suitcases when I come? YOU'RE GOING TO BE BROKE!!!!!
ReplyDeleteNickie ... I think she will NEED suitcases - but want POUNDS$$$$
ReplyDeletevery true!
ReplyDeleteYes, you must bring two or else pack lightly ;) Oh, and some extra Pounds would be nice too!
ReplyDelete