Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A new 'do' and a show too!

Another rainy morning convinced me that I needed a haircut...? Haha Hannah, Calleigh and I headed to Oxford Circus to find a salon. Unfortunately, when I called, they could only get us in around 4pm. We had a show to get to at 6pm so that didn't leave us much time. We looked in some shops but decided to head back to South Kensington. I had my heart set on getting my hair cut so I marched into the Supercuts down the road. I don't want to sound like hair snob, but I've never been to a place that only takes walk-ins so I was a little unsure about what to do. I was greeted by a woman named Ola (weird, I know) and she sat me down. After describing what I wanted, she went to work. There was a little confusion when I asked for bangs. Apparently bangs are called "fringe" in the UK! The haircut only lasted 45 minutes but let me tell you, I learned much more about Ola than I ever cared to. The British are definitely blunt and personal topics become public information quickly! Overall, the cut turned out great and I love my new look. Getting my hair cut is therapeutic and so refreshing!

For Theatre class we went to see Billy Elliot. What a show! I didn't know much about the production prior to attending but learned to love it fast. I was blown away at the amount of talent the young actors/dancers posses. The boy who played Billy was convincing and flawless - spectacular. I just couldn't imagine being that young and having such talent! I wonder what it would be like to be his parents - I would be in tears the whole time!

2 comments:

  1. So, how long did it take you to think of that title? Haha you're quite the clever one....

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take it he is not the Billy Elliot dad graduated with - long hair -gave the peace sign even in the 70's, 80's and 90's when it was not pc?

    ReplyDelete