Sunday, February 14, 2010

Pretty Women


What a lovely day :) I started with Mass at Our Lady of Mount Carmel R.C. which was a breath of fresh air! It was a nice, cozy parish. There were so many songs/responses that I knew from home so it felt super comfortable. I will definitely be going back on Wednesday for Ash Wednesday and Sundays from now on.

This afternoon I had a hot date with Calleigh and Hannah. We made our way to Fulham Road to see Valentine's Day - the new movie. Unfortunately, it was sold out! So we decided to see Pretty Woman - such a classic. I thoroughly enjoyed our little outing. After the movie we met Colin, Katherine, Anne, Paul and Matt for dinner at Rocca - an Italian restaurant near our flat. It looked uber fancy but was reasonably priced! Matt, Calleigh and I shared a bottle of wine and our meal was great. The service was wonderful and 8 of us were seated without reservations at 6:30pm on V-day! I will definitely be visiting that restaurant again. It was really great getting dressed up and enjoying a nice dinner. It's always fun to have a fancy evening with friends. After dinner a few of us got gelato - again, so good.

6 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great day. Any chance our "skypeing" after church and before your movie (5:45 a.m. Minnesota time) could make your highlight reel?

    :0) Love you - as always, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good V-day! I had an idea for you..Lent is coming up..anyway you would give up shopping? haha It would be a TRUE sacrifice!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Mom our Skype date made my day for sure. I can't believe we talked for 2 hours - I loved it.

    Nick, you are just too funny...not. Let's see if, even you, can come to London without buying anything. Want to play that game?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be SO easy for me!! Except I don't count because I will be a tourist and not a resident...so there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And tourists pay for residents - always. So you will be buying things, I take that back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA! That's hilarious! Obviously you think you have all the money in the world..so just keep spending it when I'm there!!

    ReplyDelete