WICKED for 20P?!? YES, PLEASE! Well folks, I've finally done it - I saw Wicked!!!!!! I can't describe how happy I am. I've been waiting years to see the musical. I've only heard rave reviews about the production and I can now say I've seen it. If only I could've seen it sooner - I'm in love! I knew some of the music prior to the show, but seeing it on stage blew me away. What a production! The set, the lights, the acting, the MUSIC was all absolutely phenomenal. I think I had some sort of silly, child-like grin throughout the whole 3 hour show! I was just giddy during the whole thing. I can't wait to bring Nickie to see it next week - I'm sure she'll love it too. One of the best parts: It only cost 20 P (instead of 60 P) because we went through FIE. Our seats were great too :) I just want to go back and watch it again right now. A part of me is just so envious that they get to perform that every night, get such positive feedback from the audience and know it's because you are so talented. If only, if only. The musical was funny and just cute. I learned tonight that the author of the book was from England and got inspiration while in London. It was funny to hear the actors' accents come out during the production as well. I still can't get over how wonderful it was!
Earlier this morning I had Vilma's class. A professor from FIE talked to us about the education system in England and Wales. I appreciated his presentation because I knew their education system was different from our, but I wasn't quite sure how. Vilma was hilarious, as always, but her class can be very elementary. She calls us at random by using name cards and asks us to write one-page papers. I know I shouldn't complain, but it's just a little crazy. Oh well, here's to a high G.P.A. for this semester :)
Hannah and I visited the National Gallery today in Trafalgar Square. This city has so many museums it's just insane! There is no way one could see them all. We spent nearly 2 hours in the gallery and only saw one wing - it's just huge! I was super excited though because I got to see my favorite Monet - The Water-Lily Pond. It may sound strange, but I've been in love with this piece since 1st grade. I remember my teacher (who was married to a man from France) showing us Monet and teaching impressionism. Since then, I've loved the painting. His work is stunning. I loved being able to see it right up close! I also really loved a painting entitled The Boulevard Montmartre at night by a woman artist name Camille Pissarro. Oh, and I can't forget I saw some Van Gogh and Picasso too! Gotta love art!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well. now I know why this is so pop - u - lar. Nickie is hoping to see Wicked. She is in the air as I write this.
ReplyDeleteThank-you Kim for getting Nickie home to catch her flight!
I saw Laurann's Grease play today - adorable - may not be quite the talent you saw, Katie, but their talent was greatly appreciated by the audience as well.
Take good care of you sister,
Love Mom