Yet another rainy day in London. I hope spring comes soon! I had a lot of homework to work on today so I stayed in. I also got all of my laundry done so I'll be nice and clean when I'm in Germany! I booked my train ticket to Norwich - I am staying with a Host family on the SE coast at the end of March. So, my morning was semi-productive.
For theatre class this evening we saw War Horse. We arrived at the theatre around 7:15pm only to find out that the show started at 7:00pm...oops! Our professor had completely overlooked the time because typically all of our shows start at 7:30pm. He did explain that it was rare for a show to start at 7:00pm. We were escorted to our seats - yep, we were THOSE people. Once seated I thoroughly enjoyed the show. Set during the first World War, the play told the story of a young boy and his horse. He had fallen in love with his horse, Joey, but his father told him he was worthless because he'd never be able to pull a plow or help on the farm. The father eventually sells the horse to the army to be used in war. The story then follows the boy as he joins the army and is eventually reunited with Joey. Sounds elementary, right? It was. But what was so spectacular was how the horses were portrayed. Each horse was controlled by 3 people; two underneath and one controlling the head. I've never seen anything so real life - I was amazed! The movements and actions were so realistic I forgot at times they were just props. Unbelievable...I was blown away! It's hard to describe but the skill and coordination required was hard to imagine!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment